X

Corcubión Lighthouse

In 1847 the Lighthouse Commission decided to install a point of illumination to guide shipping into the Ría de Corcubión. The chosen location was a spot called CaboCee.

The lighthouse shone for the first time on 31st July, 1860. After numerous upgrades,the lighthouse was automated in 1934.

The building is square with a four-sloped roof, built on a stone platform. The light is in a tower on the southern wall.

+Information